The Northwest Suburbs of Chicago are well known for having a wide variety of housing, cultural and recreational amenities as well being convenient to O’Hare Airport and Downtown Chicago.
The information we have provided reflects the questions we are most often asked by our clients.
Between the two of us we have been helping buyers and sellers in this area for almost 30 years so we are very familiar with the local communities
If you can’t find what you are looking for, have a question or would like to buy or sell property please feel free to call us- Beth at at 847-638-9473 or Jackie at 847-902-6799 or email us.
Community Questions and Answers
Where do I find out information about the towns you cover?
Ask us- We have sold homes in many of the Chicago suburbs. For communities that we don’t personally cover we’ll put you in touch with a knowledgeable agent who does.
Where can I find out what is for sale in your area?
On the right hand side of the page or lower down on the page if you are using a phone, you can find listings by community or search all Chicago and Suburban areas
How do the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago compare with the rest of the country?
- Home Price Comparison Index– No two communities are exactly alike however there can be enough similarities to make some rough comparisons. Coldwell Banker offers a tool to compare homes across the country. This can be a great starting place if it is used correctly. Try it and see what you think.
- National Community Information– US Census Bureau provides detailed information on communities nationwide.
How do I get around the area?
The Northwest Suburbs and the Chicago area have an excellent mix of commuter railroads, bus service and highways.
- METRA Train Service– Commuter railroad service throughout the Chicagoland area. Schedules, routes and more
- Pace Bus-Local bus service throughout the area
- IDOT (Illinois Department of Transportation)- Roads, highways and tollroads throughout the Chicago area and the state
Where do I find more information about local communities?
This section has links to the counties in my market area. They contain a wealth of information about local communities and more links. I also have links to the state of Illinois and the Department of Natural Resources (DNR)which governs Illinois State Parks. Finally there is a link to check on whether a community charges a tax on the sale of real estate, if so who pays it and whether a community requires inspections. (The state of Illinois and local counties tax the sale of real estate but not every community has a tax.)
What is there to do in the area?
The suburbs and Chicago offer of wealth of things to do, places to eat, things to see and just about any kind of entertainment you want. So where do you start? One of the best sources we have found is Metromix which covers both Chicago and the suburbs.
What to do and where to go in the Chicago area?